Milky way from Stonehaugh

Did a spot of camping at the weekend at a dark sky location and just had to say this was my first time actually seeing the milky way and it blew me away. I've took pictures of it before but couldn't see with the naked eye and managed to pull detail out in photoshop but this was something else.

Unfortunately me and my friend had been confined to our tent and spent most of the weekend drinking whiskey and beer so im not 100% sure on details :confused:  but im pretty sure it was 2min subs at iso800 with a nifty 50.

I managed 6 subs before the dew completely destroyed any chance of getting something decent (I didn't realise until I got home....again the whiskey :grin: )

but I'm more than happy with this messy picture.

post-24024-0-42913300-1439900202_thumb.j

6x2min subs, modified canon 1000d with nifty 50, skytracker v2, no calibration frames and a crude edit

post-24024-0-61476900-1439900250_thumb.j

same again but I just increased the red in colour balance to get it to stand out, although its at the loss of star colour.

Nothing compared to the amazing ones I've seen lately on here but after a bottle of Jack Daniels I'm just glad I managed to turn my camera on :grin:

Archived