Howdy from Gloucestershire

KY Cygni

Hello all my name is Steve

I have dipped my toe into Astronomy a couple of times in the past, recently me and the Mrs decided as we have pretty good skies and FOV we would buy a decent scope.

As luck would have it a great deal presented itself right away and we jumped this little lot, I have since added a StarSense accessory.

Celestron CPC 9.25 Telescope
Celestron HD Wedge
A Wide Field Camera Mount
2" Baader Clicklock Visual Mount
2" Baader Planelarium Star Diagonal with Clicklock Accessory
2" Celestron 2.5x Luminos Barlow
2" Focal Reducer, turns scope into f6.3
Dew / Light Shield.
1690 Peli Case Fully IP66
Skyris 618C camera
Tmount
1.25" SD and 40mm Plossi
Eyepieces Includes;
2" Celestron Ultima 70deg FOV 5mm
2" Celestron Ultima 70deg FOV 13mm
2" Celestron Ultima 70deg FOV 22mm
2" Celestron Ultima 70deg FOV 32mm
So far loving very second of it :cool:

Thanks for the welcome all, good to see another local already Rik it bodes well

I do a bit of photography so am looking forward to pointing upwards, had a play with the Skyris in very poor conditions and got this so have high hopes when skies are clear

gits%202_zpszkbalqti.jpg

Hi Steve and welcome to SGL, that lot of kit must have been a pretty good bargain to set you up for Astrophotography, you and your wife should enjoy working together.

There is one other must have, to consider adding to your list, and that is a copy of Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" probably the most widely used reference book for guidance on all aspects of the subject, used by the majority of forum members, newcomers to experience imagers. Copies are available through FLO see top of the page. Enjoy your imaging and Astronomy :)

Hi Steve and welcome to SGL, that lot of kit must have been a pretty good bargain to set you up for Astrophotography, you and your wife should enjoy working together.

There is one other must have, to consider adding to your list, and that is a copy of Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" probably the most widely used reference book for guidance on all aspects of the subject, used by the majority of forum members, newcomers to experience imagers. Copies are available through FLO see top of the page. Enjoy your imaging and Astronomy :)

thanks glowjet by coincidence I was just looking at it, I will def get a copy

Hi Steve - I joined and was a Vacuum a couple of days ago ,  but I think I became a Nebula today - it's great fun here (and rapid promotion!) - ask a question and be overwhelmed with people's helpfulness here (but don't ask me as I know nothing!). btw how amazing to have a kit landslide like that!

Archived