Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Phil-lost!

First light with 80ed

Well I finally managed to get out with the 80ED i bought at the start of the summer (stupid time to buy, I know) and took a couple of quick test images. Only about 20 subs each with 2 darks and rough polar alignment I was shocked how easy it was to focus, and the focuser held the camera perfectly (I know some people have had problems with this). Can't wait for the next clear night now!post-23011-0-33866800-1439801433_thumb.ppost-23011-0-30097800-1439801485_thumb.p

• Like 13

Beutiful images

My next and last scope will be this i will then be covered for most things :)

• Like 1

Excellent start. There are a couple of issues that you need to address.

There is a green cast around the star cluster, use HLVG to remove it. The background of both your images is clipped, you should always aim for a neutral background  ( if possible ) which is not clipped to black. I have very quickly done a couple of corrections in PS just to highlight the problems, otherwise these are excellent DSO images.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-69765900-1440106951_thumb.p

post-28808-0-62803800-1440107058_thumb.p

Edited by lensman57
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tips, I thought I'd got all the detail out but your versions much better. I think this is the start of a long learning curve!  :smiley:

Very nice !  I also ave an ED80 and am getting ready to do some stacking/processing.  What a great hobby!

• Like 1

Great start... I know the feeling not being able to wait for the next clear night... It's a hanger that will never be satisfied... A thirst that is impossible to quench...