Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Hermit

Milky Way from North Wales

Hi

Just got back from a week at a Haven caravan site near Pwllheli with the family. One clear night I wandered down to the beach and captured these images, amongst others. Very pleased with the Milky Way shot, especially as I captured a meteor (not sure if it was a Perseid).

I was slightly apprehensive about going to the beach on my own late at night but a few teenagers at the other end of the beach made me feel at ease, strangely. Once they left around midnight and the beach was eerily quiet, I thought it would be a good idea to pack up and get back to the caravan...

Both single 30 second exposures, 800 iso, processed in Lightroom to tease out the detail. Any comments/tips welcome. 

Thanks, Dave

post-12931-0-67545100-1439672778_thumb.j

post-12931-0-55414500-1439673619_thumb.j

• Like 12

lovely pics they are great.

bob.

• Like 1

Thanks all. The difference in sensitivity between the eyeball and a camera chip always amazes me.