hello everyone

chrisg18

hello my name is chris. I am a relative newbie to astronomy. I have had a telescope for nearly a year now which was a skywatcher 200p on a motorised eq5.i added a motorised focuser and flocked the tube.thiswas a big learning step for me as I had to strip everything off the tube and then put it all back together lol. this learned me about collimation !!! I have an opticstar 137 colour camera which I have only imaged planets so far. I recently sold my 200p eq5 and purchased a celestron c9.25 on a cgem mount which I love. I have added a feather touch focuser, 6.3 focal reducer,and a hyperion zoom 8-24mm with a 2.25 barlow . I am interested in planetary and  deep sky imaging. I know my camera is not really for deep sky imaging but I would like to dabble a little in this. any good advice would be very welcome in imaging basic dso's. I have looked on sharpcap but cannot work out how to capture more frames, darks etc. I know how to image planets but am at a loss on dso's. many thanks chris.

Hi Chris and welcome to SGL, nice equipment for the imaging side. For sound solid advice, it is recommended that you obtain a copy of the forum imagers most widely used publication, "Making Every Photon Count" by Steve Richards, copies are not available through normal book outlets, but direct, see FLO top of the page for details. Enjoy your photography and the forum :)

Archived