Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SHOW US..... YOUR FINDERSCOPES....

When I moved the autoguider to a 80mm Startravel I took the Orion guidescope that came in the Magnificent mini autoguider package, and put an illuminated double cross hair eyepiece in it. Excellent. Note the short barlow barrel needed to get the right distance.

post-46282-0-85620000-1439664982.jpg

post-46282-0-28242300-1439664983.jpg

This handle fits on the end of my refractor and doubles up as a zero power finder (each tube is hollow) I find it helps a lot in pointing a fat tube to roughly the right part of the sky for the optical finder to take over. Without this I tended to be sweeping about all over the place :)

post-37954-0-82893800-1439706962_thumb.j

Just a Telrad!

Completely cheating by using Argo Navis - I know, I know ...

post-34579-0-39499500-1439714728_thumb.j

And yes, I do indeed miss out on the sense of accomplishment when finding targets for the first time by star hopping; but now I see loads of things in a session and spend my time trying to tease out detail

This handle fits on the end of my refractor and doubles up as a zero power finder (each tube is hollow) I find it helps a lot in pointing a fat tube to roughly the right part of the sky for the optical finder to take over. Without this I tended to be sweeping about all over the place :)

I want one! Every steampunk scope needs one!

Archived