SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

TAKING TIME OUT

CELESCOPE

Hi Group ,

Just to let you know , i,m taking time out now with imaging with the 2HS, it is time to move on , as i think i have got the best out of this wonderful little camera ,soooo i need to learn the new process with the new Atik 16hr , after a a nice tutorial with Arthur , i now know i need a lot of practise , having the 2HS beside me has given me the easy route to use, and not get to grips with the True CCD imager. so now i shall spend every bit of clear sky time learning the process, this i reckon knowing me will take a few months , slow learner , lol but once i get used to it i will be away and hopefully turn out some stunning images , i,m not going away though i shall still be on here everyday looking at all the posts etc , and maybe if Saturn is right sneak one in hehehe , just wanted to let you all know in case you thought, hmmm not had any images from Rog lately heheheh , anyway thats it really , WATCH THIS SPACE FOLKS

Rog

:lol:

:shock: Excellent Damien i must send you my soul mate :lol: I don't need filters as i am mighty impressed with the B/W images from the camera plus i wouldnt know what to do with them if they were in front of me hehe.

James :lol:

Thanks guys and gals nooo i,m not leaving HECK I LOVE IT HERE ,Arthur i hope you are right then , but i am a bit a of a slow learner but i will take ya up on that offer if i get stuck for sure, as they say i move up with the BIg Boys - :lol: :lol: , yes James have ago at the 2HS you will love it , look foward to some images from you ,

Cheers

Rog

:lol:

Anyone interested in borrowing an ATIK 2HS for a couple of months. The one I have isn't really being used for what it was built for?

Damn it, too late. Rog, can't see what you're going to be doing with that 2HS :lol:

Martin

Hi Martin , i still use that for lunar mate , its a cracker for that , and also when i start guiding , maybe use that for a guider, and also its a back up in case the 16hr goes wrong , hate to be left with nothing ehehheh

Rog

Flip flipperty flip :lol: Guess I'll have to start on some quiet home negociation.

Martin

you may be able to pick up a second hand one Martin , but remember what i said about that ,i do however have an upgraded one to an SC4 which even more sensitive than the 2HS , i had it to to work with the fast star, but the fast star is,nt very forgiving , it was mainly set up for s/big ccd , but it did work fairly well with the 2hs , but working at F6.3 , F5 and F3.3 the

SC4 works ok , Bernard has it at the moment trying it out , to give you an example , i tested it out on M27 the dumbell at F 3,3 . a 4 second exposure showed it plainly with excellent detail on the computer screen .it would be a good starter for you , the camera cost me £350 , and £160 upgrade, plus £40 labour by Andy Ellis. i no longer require it , and would let it go for , a dream price of £120 , 120 in the pocket is better than sitting in the bottom drawer.

If you are interested let me know and i will get Bern to send it to you .

Rog

Archived