Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NOW we've got the blighter!

ollypenrice

This is an image posted last week, for which I apologise, but I ran both Taks for another night, hammering away at the Ha after a helpful comment from French forum member Lionel. He identified the red streak as Supernova Remnant G110+11.3 so I really felt inspired to get after it in Ha. This now has 24x30 minutes, mostly in the Astrodon 3 Nan but six subs were from the Baader 7 as well. Otherwise the image is as before. Total integration 27 hours (6 hours Tak Lum, 3 Hrs TEC140 Lum, two hours per colour, 12 Hrs Ha.)

I'm working on a lower panel to incorporate more of SNR G110. This must be bigger than the Veil Nebula, I think.

VDB152%20HaOIIILRGB27Hrs-L.jpg

Olly

Hi olly

This image is fab, i was so interested in it, i thought i try it from North East England with our poor skies, lol

and would be happy if i got a 1/10th of what you have.   Well after 9 hours of data i got the brownie dust tail and VDB152 but so faint, however there is a hint of the red streak in my image.

so i am inspired to try further at Kelling Heath star camp or kielder.    my image not good enough to post,  but i willing to spend another 20 hours or so, just out of interest to see what i can get.

but this is down to been inspired by your wonderful image.

however i only One Tak !

Paul J

Hi olly

This image is fab, i was so interested in it, i thought i try it from North East England with our poor skies, lol

and would be happy if i got a 1/10th of what you have.   Well after 9 hours of data i got the brownie dust tail and VDB152 but so faint, however there is a hint of the red streak in my image.

so i am inspired to try further at Kelling Heath star camp or kielder.    my image not good enough to post,  but i willing to spend another 20 hours or so, just out of interest to see what i can get.

but this is down to been inspired by your wonderful image.

however i only One Tak !

Paul J

Hi Paul,

Thanks and glad you like it. I don't know what Ha filter you use but the 3Nm Astrodon out performs the 7 Baader on this, big time. It holds down the background sky better, allowing you to prize the Ha out of the background in processing.

Best of luck at the dark sites.

Also worth noting that the Ha image is not presentable as a standalone. Only when stretched to screaming point and blended with red could it make much of a contribution. 

Olly

I didn't see the previous image you posted but from this I would say you have certainly succeeded in your quest to show the really faint detail in this region.

A great piece of work.

Pete

Archived