Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium 0.13.66.0

alexwolf

Today Stellarium 0.13.66.0 has been published for public testing. We are refactored the GUI for deep-sky objects and catalog of the their objects. Plus we introduced few new options for DSO. Other big features for current beta: Iridium flares, accurate calculations of the ecliptic obliquity, calculations of the nutation and cross-index data for DSO and stars.

Please help us test it.

List of changes between version 0.13.3 and HEAD (0.13.66.0):

- Added accurate calculations of the ecliptic obliquity. Finally we have good precession! (LP: #512086, #1126981, #1240070, #1282558, #1444323)

- Added calculations of the nutation. Now we optionally have IAU-2000B nutation. (Applied between 1500..2500 only.)

- Added new DSO catalog and related to him features (LP: #1453731, #1432243, #1285175, #1237165, #1189983, #1153804, #1127633, #1106765, #1106761, #957083)

- Added Iridium flares to Satellites plugin (LP: #1106782)

- Added list of interesting double stars in Search Tool

- Added list of interesting variable stars in Search Tool

- Added cross-identification data for HIP stars (SAO and HD numbers)

- Added sinusoidal projection

- Added draw DSO symbols with different colors

- Added labels to the landscapes (gazetteer support)

- Added a new behaviour for drawing of orbit for selected planet - drawing of the orbits of 'hierarchical group' (parent and all their childrens) of the selected celestial body (disabled by default).

- Added an option to lower the horizon, e.g. for a widescreen cylindrical view with mostly sky and ground on lower screen border (LP: #1299063).

- Added various timeshift-by-year commands (LP: #1478670)

- Added Moon's phases info

- Rewriting the Meteor module and the Meteor Showers plugin (LP: #1471143)

- Updated skycultures

- Updated Hungarian and Brazilian Portuguese translations of landscapes and skycultures

- Updated data for Solar System Observer

- Updated color scheme for constellations

- Updated documentation

- Updated QZip stuff

- Updated TUI plugin

- Updated data for Satellites plugin

- Updated Clang support

- Updated Pluto texture

- Using a better formula for CCD FOV calculation in Oculars plugin (LP: #1440330)

- Fixed shortkeys conflict (New shortkeys for Scenery 3D plugin - LP: #1449767)

- Fixed aliasing issue with GCC in star data unpacking

- Fixed documentation for core.wait() function (LP: #1450870)

- Fixed perspective projection issue (LP: #724868)

- Fixed crash on activation of AngleMeasure in debug mode (LP: #1455839)

- Fixed issue for update bottom bar position when we toggle the GUI (LP: #1409023)

- Fixed weird view of the Moon in Oculars plugin when Moon's scaling is enabled

- Fixed non-realistic mode drawing of artificial satellites

- Fixed availability plugins for the scripting engine (LP: #1468986)

- Fixed potention memory bug in Meteor class

- Fixed wrong spectral types for some stars (LP: #1429530)

- Change visibleSkyArea limitation to allow landscapes with "holes" in the ground. (LP: #1469407)

- Improved Delta T feature (LP: #1380242)

- Improved the ad-hoc visibility formula for LDN and LBN

- Improved the sight opportunities when artificial satellites are passes (LP: #907318)

- Changed behaviour of coloring of orbits of artificial satellites: we use gray color for parts of orbits, where satellite will be invisible (LP: #914751)

- Improved coloring and rendering artificial satellites (include their labels) in the Earth shadow for both modes (LP: #1436954)

- Improved for landscape and lightscape brightness with/without atmosphere. Now even considers landscape opacity for no-atmosphere conditions.

- Reduce Milky Way brightness in moonlight

- Enhancement of features in Telescope Control plugin (LP: #1469450)

Download link (Windows 32 and 64 bit, OS X): https://launchpad.net/stellarium/trunk/trunk

Hi Alex, did you ever get round to doing anything about the FOV drop down menu being transparent, sometimes when I click on say the rotate sensor option if there's a star behind it the focus changes to that star, I tried the fix you sent once but it didn't work.

Thanks for new release HIP / SAO  numbers really useful.

Dave

I had issues in version 0.13.3 with Stellarium freezing when fast forwarding ... I had to kill Stellarium and restart. Just tried this new version and it seems to be fixed :)

If I encounter the problem again I'll open a bug... I was too lazy to do it in version 0.13.3 ;)

I noticed the 66.0 on the Stellarium site myself today. Found this thread after I'd downloaded it! Serendipity strikes again. Anywho - have it up & running now. It's working perfectly thus far. Looks like some excellent additions per the change-log (which I'd also already downloaded :grin: ).

Thank you, Alexander!

Dave

Just noticed a couple of odd things:

Clicking around Sheliak in Lyra I can select the smaller stars ~mag 12 but not the two larger ones. looking at 66 PSC near Uranus, I can't select it (or other brighter stars) if zoomed in too closely.

Also Uranus and Neptune are shown much smaller and dimmer than stars a few magnitudes less brighter than them.

Loving it so far. This is my first time using it. The only thing I can mention bug wise so far is a lag with zooming in or out with the trackpad on my Macbook Pro. Otherwise this program is STELLAR! (Pun intended. Couldn't resist.) I wish I wouldn't have put off using it.

Loving it so far. This is my first time using it. The only thing I can mention bug wise so far is a lag with zooming in or out with the trackpad on my Macbook Pro. Otherwise this program is STELLAR! (Pun intended. Couldn't resist.) I wish I wouldn't have put off using it.

can you give log from Stellarium?

Gave it a go last night first time it crashed my windows 7 laptop,after that it starts but the menu icons at bottom are off screen and graphics freeze with black screen so not a good start,think will just ill have to go back to previous version.

Use fn + up or down arrows to zoom smoothly  :smiley:  :smiley:

Archived