Narrowband

Should I .....

I would expect the original to be a Huygens or Ramsden design so a plossl should be an improvement.

Check the TS price as their eyepieces have crept up, their version of the BST Starguider is now €94 which is £67+ as it is £49 here that is a fair hike.

Is it worth therefor getting the Starguider at 25mm?

The other thing is check the GSO/Revelation plossl cost, TS tend to rebrand and I think that GSO is the one they purchase from but rebranded with with TS on the side.

Ignore the word "Super" as well.

That leaves the question: Why the 25mm ?

.......uncollimated binoculars may help here, but joking aside, what do you mean by twisted?  do you have a quint or cross-eyed? not sure of the intent with your question, as there are so many types of eyepieces out there?

.......uncollimated binoculars may help here, but joking aside, what do you mean by twisted?  do you have a quint or cross-eyed? not sure of the intent with your question, as there are so many types of eyepieces out there?

My eyes are bitter and twisted through many years of social injustice.

The question is : should I change the 25mm EP which was supplied with the telescope for a TS Plossl. Will it be a better quality EP?

That clears that up!

I have not used a TS Plossl, but have used a GSO/revelation 15mm and 20mm  Plossl, they only cost £15, and they work very well, bright and sharp across most the field. 

I haven't had my Plossl's out for testing for Months due to the lighter skies and weather that the Jet stream is dumping on us.

I first upgraded my SW EPs to an 8mm and 18mm BST ED Starguider £49 each, and these, both better the supplied eyepieces, mainly on the extra field of view, but the image is good too IMHO. We  have the same EPs  from Skywatcher! 

When I had explorer 130P, I used 32mm TS super plossl quite a lot, as a finder eyepiece for star-hoping, and it gave me first good view of Veil nebula in my light-polluted backyard too (with an OIII filter), it worked quite well in that scope.

I'd think revelation plossls, as others have suggested, are the same as TS super plossl.

BTW, the 25mm came with the scope is a modified Kellner, not Huygens or Ramsden, and there are difference between TS super plossl and TS plossl, the former is Fully MultiCoated(FMC), i.e. ALL air-to-air lens surfaces are multi-coated, while the latter is only Multi-Coated - multicoated on at least on one air-to-air lens surfaces.

Thanks for your replies.

I had replaced the original 10mm with a TS Super Plossl 9mm which was a great improvement, just wondering if there was going to be any great difference between the original 25mm and the Super Plossl 25mm, being low mag.

Sorry if my questions seem somewhat confusing, that's old age.

I think that I will continual the TS way as and when funds allow.

Good health to you all.

Archived