Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Better late than never

Talitha

Here are seven single shot images taken on two consecutive nights when the seeing was better than average (I sure wish that happened more often).

The scope was an f/10 8" LX-10 SCT, and the camera was a 4 megapixel Nikon CoolPix 4300 at full (3x) optical zoom, attached to a 10mm ep via a ScopeTronix Digi-T adapter.

3 pics from 13 April 2008:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, I wish the seeing were as kind to me as all of you are! :angry:

99.8% of my time is spent observing, and my lunar images are basically used as a learning/teaching aid. But it's fun to be able to share a decent image once in a while. :(

:angry:Thanks everyone! Btw, it's about 1:30 am here, and while most of you are starting your Wednesday, I'm inside warming up and waiting for M5 to climb out of the trees.

Here's what I look like. --> :pirate: (It's kinda hard typing in the dark with one eye.. hope I hit the right keys. :( )

Just seen these images Carol, and splendid they are too.

I particularly like the Straight Wall shot, such a black shadow thrown down off that one. You grabbed some wonderful detail in the rest of them also. The devastation around Copernicus sends a shudder through me, it must have been one mighty impact.

Ron. :angry:

Archived