Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SH2_129 and a hint of OU4, Ha,OIII,OIII first draft

lensman57

Hi,

Taken on the evenings of 11th and 12th of Aug. The Ha data is reasonably strong but the OIII was cut short due to a multitude of reasons last night including the sensor freezing up, high clouds and the mount refusing to align for over an hour.

Ha data: 17 X 900s Bin 1x1, Canon 200 F2.8L with a 58mm front aperture mask, Astronomik 12nm Ha and Atik 383L+

Oiii data: 9 X 900s Bin 2x2 ,  Canon 200 F2.8L with 58mm front aperture mask, Astronomik 12nm Oiii and Atik 383L+

Stacked and aligned in PI with minimal processing, mapped Ha, Oiii, Oiii to R, G, B and blue bias shifted in StarTools. Size reduction and HLVG in PS and no other processing or colour correction as yet.

I will get my head together to see how to progress from here if at all possible.

To be honest I am quite pleased to get this from a light polluted back garden in Manchester with minimal data.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-97924300-1439465910_thumb.p

Thank you Paul and Olly. I am quite chuffed at all your kind comments. Considering that I was almost ready to chuck the Oiii data out last night ( I only took the  Bin 2 X 2 calibration frames early this afternoon ) I am glad that I persevered with it. Now if I had the lost 2.5 hours of Oiii  imaging time added it may have been a more presentable proposition.

Regards,

A.G

Archived