Black irregular line on vision

pajacek

Hey.

Recently I bought my first pair of binoculars to see I would have fun with stargazing. It is Soligor 10x50 MC Advanced.  Overall, everything is fine and dandy, except that when I gently tilt binoculars up than black line of irregular shape come up to vision from down edge. I wonder this is some impurity or cracked prism. I checked the lens and they are perfect and unscratched. It is possible to make the black line sharp and clear on vision by turning whell. Do you think it is a serious flaw? Is it possible to disassemble binoculars? I didn't spend so much. I just care I can use binoculars with no worries it would crash definitely.

I tried to record it:

Hello Pajacek. Welcome to this forum. As you are able to focus on this black line I suspect that it something that has got on to one of the eyepiece lenses, anywhere else in the system would not show. Some times a careful tap on the side can dislodge that sort of thing, if not then removal of the eyepiece for cleaning would be necessary. Hope this helps.   :smiley: 

Thank you for warm welcome.  I would try tap it when I come back home. How to remove eyepiece lence? The line is on the right tubus(?). So this is the one lence which can be rotated.

I don't see edit post option.

You were right Peter! I found that I need remove screw between eyepieces to get inside. There were grass pollen (or a very little piece of dried stalk) covered with lubricant of movable right eyepiece - this is why tapping didn't help.

Thank you Peter Drew, without your help I would think that prism is broken, because for me this lubricated pollen had shape of crack on glass :laugh:

I have to learn how binocular works. Proppably then I could deduce where problem was.

Archived