Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Photosbykev

Perseids, Iridium flare and the Milky way

a mixed bag of images and timelapse taken over the last couple of days :)

The timelapse video is from Monday evening at Cwyfan on Anglesey, plenty of air glow structure but I like it :)

The 1st Perseid image is also from Monday evening

5D3_TL3_LRT_00266.jpg

This Iridium 40 flare was from the 11/08/15 @ 00:52 BST

Flare_stack_comp.jpg

and finally from earlier this morning around 03:00 BST, 6 meteors caught in 10 minutes with Andromeda watching the children playing :)

composite.jpg

• Like 32

Fantastic work as usual Kev. Really enjoyed the video. It will be good to see you again hope you can make the next star party.

• Like 1

Great set of images. The last one must be voted as the best perseid photo imho.

• Like 2

Super shots and that last one is fabulous. That'll get published if you send it to S@N and/or a tv/news station. Nice work :)

• Like 1

they are amazing! great job on all the images and timelapse......what exposures did you go with for your timelapse data?

i have a couple questions for you mate, what fps did you go with for your timelape? and also have you got a kind of guide of how you created your composite image as i tried blending with PS lighten mode but i cant get it right lol

Edited by tingting44
  • Like 1

Excellent images, really like the timelapse

• Like 1

Very nice animation and images. The last shot of the Perseids is amazing. Thanks very much for posting.

• Like 1

Super images.

Nice skies you have there too. I assume you batch processed the images to bring the Milky way out like that?

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

they are amazing! great job on all the images and timelapse......what exposures did you go with for your timelapse data?

i have a couple questions for you mate, what fps did you go with for your timelape? and also have you got a kind of guide of how you created your composite image as i tried blending with PS lighten mode but i cant get it right lol

timelapse images were 20 seconds f/2.8@iso3200 with the camera shooting continuously. The video was output at 24fps. The composite is 6 images which were loaded into PS as a stack (under automate > stack) and auto aligned by PS and the converted to a smart object. Under layers >Smart objects > stack mode I used median mode to remove some noise and then used selection masks to bring each meteor into the foreground image.

• Like 4

Super images.

Nice skies you have there too. I assume you batch processed the images to bring the Milky way out like that?

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I use LRTimelapse4 to process key frames and the LRT4 does the number crunching to decide the transitions required and then it exports to Light room which then exports them as a new image sequence for the video

• Like 2

timelapse images were 20 seconds f/2.8@iso3200 with the camera shooting continuously. The video was output at 24fps. The composite is 6 images which were loaded into PS as a stack (under automate > stack) and auto aligned by PS and the converted to a smart object. Under layers >Smart objects > stack mode I used median mode to remove some noise and then used selection masks to bring each meteor into the foreground image.

sweet! thanks buddy, will give me something to tinker with with some of my subs, again, stunning images/timelapse/composite!!! :D

• Like 2

And the winner of this years persieds meteor shower is...........Photosbykev by a long shot. Simply stunning sir. 

• Like 1

Well caught Kev.  No doubt where the radiant point is in your '6 meteors' shot.

Can you point me in the direction for an Iridium flare prediction site, I might have caught one or two of these over the last week or two with my night sky camera?

Robin

• Like 1

I agree with Ben_dingo, the church/MilkyWay/Meteor image is stunning !  Was thinking no way to improve on it, maybe whale jump simultaneously, ok there is one way to improve it and involves a whale ha..  Amazing !

• Like 1

Wow! Great time lapse and super images! That last one is a certifiable CLASSIC! Get it published, mate  :laugh:

Clear skies,

Reggie

• Like 1

Well caught Kev.  No doubt where the radiant point is in your '6 meteors' shot.

Can you point me in the direction for an Iridium flare prediction site, I might have caught one or two of these over the last week or two with my night sky camera?

Robin

Heavens-Above will give you Iridium flares based on your location or Calsky will give future predictions as well

Edited by Photosbykev