Narrowband

Anybody kind enough to share some setup advice?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi folks, back again, so last night was nice and clear so I had a play with the scope again, having only had the one good night looking at the moon. No moon last night but I managed to get Saturn! pretty chuffed really, the image was a wee bit shaky but it was there in all its glory and the rings were easily seen, one thing that struck me straight away is the speed at which the sky moves. My main issue at the moment is my back garden is not great for viewing much, I will be searching for an open area somewhere close by I think where I can take the scope and hopefully track down Jupiter etc.

A safe and darker site is the way to go for any telescope. Away fro street lighting and city glow, but not often achievable for many folk without a substantial drive away?

And planet Earth rotates at something like 1000 mph, and although us mere mortals don't feel the effects, we clearly see them when viewing at high magnifications, the  visual  effect that everything  else up there is rushing by!

Archived