sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

greetings from Greece

Well, that is a good start, although it might shake the mount too much. Has been almost 35 years since my last visit to Rhodes. :) Enjoy the fact that you are far away from the Athens light pollution halo.

;( :( :(

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi there, I m just one step before im gonna buy my first telescope. I have decided to be a dobsonian 10-12". Since that i m trying to find as much of info about the scope, the accessories and astronom

Hi I'm new to this forum too. I got a great welcome and have quickly found some very useful info and received some great advice.  I'm sure you will too. Enjoy the forum and ask away.  There's always p

Hi There, Warm welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy the forums. Yamas!

Not only a LP problem. We have photochemical pollution too. It's a brownish smog above Athens composed mostly of nitrogen dioxide which blocks the light of the sky and illuminates the city more as it contains light under it :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

Well, that is a good start, although it might shake the mount too much. Has been almost 35 years since my last visit to Rhodes. :) Enjoy the fact that you are far away from the Athens light pollution halo.

BGazing i live in Ialysos. Its an overcrowded area...not so much windy. But dont forget, its an island and always there will be wind compared to other places.

Not only a LP problem. We have photochemical pollution too. It's a brownish smog above Athens composed mostly of nitrogen dioxide which blocks the light of the sky and illuminates the city more as it contains light under it :eek::eek::eek:

Eww, what would be the best dark site option relatively close to Athens...a drive down to Peloponese or to Parnassos?

You know quite a bit my friend. Some stargazers in Athens drive down to Kithaironas. It's a place where Hercules made one of his 10 labours. It's fairly dark I think. Well better than the center of Athens! Have never been there myself, I don;t have a car and it's a 45 min drive I think. Well parnassos would be great... Peloponese has great spots if you know where to go. The annual hellenic star party has been organised in Peloponese twice in Parnonas (a mountain).