Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M52 First guiding sesh with ZWO120MM-S

Hi

Gave a first light to my ZWO120mm-c as a guider on my Exos 2 mount. All i'll say id fantastic.

Many stars to choose from.

Got it guiding and after problem with the dec dropping off the graph i increased the max dec duration to maximum ad solved the issue though it was a bit saw toothy, I know i have some backlash to tune out though.

It guided for over an hour till the clouds lost me a star.

I used my olympus E-510 with bader LP filter on the shortened astromaster 130EQ.

I have a coma corrector but it wont fit the 130 focuser as its a 2 inch (do they do 1.25 CC's ?), Ive go a 2" focuser to put on it though i'm toying wit a sw 130pds

Well chuffed with it all though its coming together

post-41724-0-41081400-1439145175_thumb.j

I'm not familiar with the camera. There's a litle bit of noise, but not much. What ISO did you have it at?

ISO 800

Olympus cameras are prone to noisy sensors. This was taken on my E510, My E500 is super noisy compared to this. Thats why i got the 510 as it also had remote facility that the 500 didnt. I've allways used olympus cameras as i like them as a daylight camera.

I just cant afford a whole system change to canon as yet

• 1 month later...

That's a very nice capture for a first guided capture.

Can clearly see star colors, and loads of stars. Your guiding seems to be working quite well as there is no signs of trailings or anything.

There's some coma, but as you say, you don't use any correctors due to the 1.25" focuser at the moment, so it's to be expected.

The noise is notisable, but so are the fainter stars. Once you're able to take loads more exposures, and post process the background well, the noise shouldn't be much of an issue.

Well, maybe for the very faint targets it can still be, but brighter targets shuold come out very well! :)

Archived