Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ultrastar 1st light!

nytecam

First clear night for some shots with the new mono Ultrastar on my scope - shot M13/15/27/57 in brief 3s - 60s exposures.   Binning options via SX s/w from unbinned 1x1 full res to 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 and 8x8 binning ! 

The fov is much bigger than I thought and very testing for the Meade 3.3 FR which I had to 'pull back' a little.   I'll post more + pics in the morning ;-)

Nytecam

Who's impatient ?   First sampler in M27 via mono Ultrastar on Meade @ 1000mm fl via Meade 3.3 FR binned 2x2 = 696x520p only slightly smaller than Lodestar's full res 720x580p  but Ustar has much larger fov.   Need to sort better coupling to cam that minimises vignetting !

More to follow;-)

Nytecam

post-21003-0-58264600-1439112453.jpg

Yes please, I agree completely that a video demo would be really helpful if possible to help us get a much better understanding of how this camera and similar work and the LL software.  If you take the recent Atik video as an example, this is IMHO the best way to demonstrate a camera and software designed or intended for video astronomy.  

Archived