hi all

owenjsidge

Hello all I have been stalking the forums for a week or two now ever since my 7 year old bought himself a £50 scope. We saw Jupiter with it and then we were hooked. Now we own the skymaster skyline 200p. Also just had delivered the omni Barlow x2. Low and behold since then nothing but clouds. Anyway glad to be on board we know absolutely nothing so bear with us.

Owen

Wigan, uk

Hi Owen,

Warm welcome to SGL. Enjoy the forums. Download a planetarium program, plenty out there but try Stellarium its great and free, to be found here??... :-- http://www.stellarium.org/, it will help you round the sky. A couple of books to help are 'turn left at orion' and 'sky&telescope pocket star atlas'. 

Great choice of scope the 200p has a great reputation.

Hi Owen and welcome to SGL, with your 200p Skyline and the forum, your knowledge will soon expand. just ask in the relative sections, should you encounter any problems or want advice. Enjoy your scope and the forum :)

Hi a warm welcome I expect you are really glad that your 7 yr old bought a telescope this really is a fascinating hobby.

Dave

Well if he had have a bought Lego like I thought he was going to then I wouldn't be here so I'm chuffed. We are just awaiting a new part now for the finder scope as an o-ring was missing so we are having to wing it a bit at the moment which is frustrating.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Archived