New budding Sky Gazer

cammykaze

Hi everyone,

Wish to introduce myself. My name is Cammykaze (not my real name of course) and I have had a fleeting interest in the skys for a few years.

There is so much stuff to learn and its a little overwhelming for a newbie, would love at least I bit more of an understanding of the skys and galaxies.

I stay in Ayrshire in Scotland within 30 miles of the Dallmellington Observatory which I will be visiting in the next couple of weeks. For anyone who has been, what do you make of it? Is it worth the trip?

Hi and welcome to the forum. I haven't been to the Dallmellington Observatory but clearly if you live nearby, you probably have access to some great dark skies. You can checkout here for some reviews of this observatory with the only criticism being the track that leads up to the site.

Wishing you clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hi Cammykaze and welcome to SGL. Your interest in the stars over the years, will certainly be awakened if you visit the Dallmellington Observatory, I have no knowledge of the complex, some members may have, but in my view it would be a must for places to visit. May your horizons be broadened if you attend the observatory, in the meantime enjoy the forum :)

Archived