Narrowband

Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 EPs

Baz6170

One up for the trusty "came with the scope Plossl's" - I find them to be very good eyepieces - especially recently on solar white light in the Binoviewers - they are small enough as not to produce any balance issues, the contrast on major sunspots on the sun is very nice even detail in the penumbra really shows very well through my little Mak - at longer focal lengths they work very well on planetary - I know, not to be compared with the likes of Televue - but I was working on buying pairs for the BV, just to keep the weight down on the back of the scope - I've owned a set of Meade 4000 Plossl's for such a long time  ( I think they are on par with the basic Plossl's from Celestron and I think the Super Plossls "own Brand" EP's).

So here's "one up" for the trusty Plossl !!

Paul.

• 3 months later...

Just looking back at this thread - in recent weeks I've been very impressed with the 40mm Plossl that came with the Evolution. It provides extremely sharp and well contrasted views with the Evo, and also performs surprisingly well in faster scopes - at least my Equinox. Despite remortgaging the house this year to upgrade my EP collection, this excellent Plossl manages to hold its own in more glamorous company.

I've also been impressed with the 40mm EP supplied with the Evo 8. However the 13mm was very disappointing. Fortunately I already had a BST 12mm which in my opinion is much better. Not only is the view clearer, somehow I just find it easier to use.

Eric.

I've also been impressed with the 40mm EP supplied with the Evo 8. However the 13mm was very disappointing. Fortunately I already had a BST 12mm which in my opinion is much better. Not only is the view clearer, somehow I just find it easier to use.

Eric.

Agreed Eric. I hope there aren't Evo owners out there who think the 13mm is all the higher mag eyepiece they need.

Archived