Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A new Dob - bigger or better?

Hi,

In case of interest, here is a pic of my Obsession 15" Classic going into an Avensis. Portable = yes : no problems, but still somewhat bulky. The UTA and rocker box can go on the back seat or the boot, but I'm putting on front seat when I have no passengers (baby seat also on back seat).

Richard (Scoot) posted a pic before of his Sumerian 16" neatly stacked taking a single back seat position - very neat and compact if you need to carry passengers :)

Just thought it might be interesting to show it in the context of a saloon car - other cars with a hatchback might offer more vertical space, easier access and more options. I don't stack the mirror box in the rocker box to make it easier to lift in/out. The UTA could always be stacked onto the mirror box if you add some padding etc.

Cheers,

-Niall

post-34579-0-19788700-1439496739_thumb.j

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

In case of interest, here is a pic of my Obsession 15" Classic going into an Avensis. Portable = yes : no problems, but still somewhat bulky. The UTA and rocker box can go on the back seat or the boot, but I'm putting on front seat when I have no passengers (baby seat also on back seat).

Richard (Scoot) posted a pic before of his Sumerian 16" neatly stacked taking a single back seat position - very neat and compact if you need to carry passengers :)

Just thought it might be interesting to show it in the context of a saloon car - other cars with a hatchback might offer more vertical space, easier access and more options. I don't stack the mirror box in the rocker box to make it easier to lift in/out. The UTA could always be stacked onto the mirror box if you add some padding etc.

Cheers,

-Niall

Here's the link

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/244368-sumerian-canopus-16/?hl=%2Bsumerian+%2Bin+%2Bcar#entry2654868 :)

Archived