Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Morpheus 76° Wide-field Eyepieces

I can't say I have ever lost an eyepiece on the ground :huh:

...and visual knowledge of the layout and position of my EP case allows me to put my hand directly onto the EP I need without looking.

In other words, I am struggling to see the point of this feature?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do make a good point Derek.

Also, It would be good if Baader could work on the loose eyecups as well as how well paint glows. 

Optically, the initial reviews look really really good, makes me wish I was in the market to buy rather than sell.

Certainly look to be better than the early reviews of the new Vixen's, and a better price point. 

I can't say I have ever lost an eyepiece on the ground :huh:

...and visual knowledge of the layout and position of my EP case allows me to put my hand directly onto the EP I need without looking.

In other words, I am struggling to see the point of this feature?

I don't think I have lost an eyepiece in the grass either but I don't have an eyepiece case, I use a coat with lots of pockets, so can see the advantage of being able to read eyepiece focal lengths without a torch :smile: 

Steve 

Fair point, Steve. I suppose it comes down to how individuals go about things when fumbling around in the dark. Unfortunately, I have enough light pollution at home that I rarely need a torch to see anything :sad:

ETA is 5-10 days :smile:

Our first delivery will arrive later this week or early next. 

To our customers wondering why we haven't dispatched their backorders while competitors are showing Morpheus eyepieces in stock, it is only because we are waiting for the batch with more effective luminescent paint :smile:

HTH, 

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...

To our customers wondering why we haven't dispatched their backorders while competitors are showing Morpheus eyepieces in stock, it is only because we are waiting for the batch with more effective luminescent paint :smile:

Baader Morpheus eyepieces are now in stock for overnight delivery  B)

All backorders have been cleared and dispatched for delivery tomorrow. 

(Unfortunately the 17.5mm continues to be an exception, it isn't scheduled for release until January). 

Thank-you for your patience, 

Steve 

Quoting Steve earlier.

I don't think I have lost an eyepiece in the grass either but I don't have an eyepiece case, I use a coat with lots of pockets, so can see the advantage of being able to read eyepiece focal lengths without a torch.

About 2003, or 2004 I bought some A4 sheets of luminous paper, with a view to printing, then sticking them on eyepieces, mount knobs, etc.

It never got done because I never seemed to be in a really dark location. Then I got familiar with my kit so didn't need the pointers.

Now I keep a red torch in a pocket, just in case.

Another idea I failed to exploit and left it for someone else to make a million (or at least a few quid).

Archived