Narrowband

Double Cluster in Perseus 24-04-2008

Paxo

Following on from my relative success the night before, I setup all the equipment ready to go on M51 or M81/82 only to be beaten by cloud passing frequently overhead. Having spent a couple of hours getting my DSI working again and getting the hang of guiding with PhD, I was just about to pack away when a large gap appeared over Perseus. Imaging still proved to be a challenge as at the time this was low to the NW horizon (just above my garage) which has extremely heavy light pollution and was just a couple of degrees above a streetlight.

I installed the Eos-Clip CLS filter into the 40D and set away at some guided longer exposures. Guided using a DSI II Pro mounted on WO Megrez 72 using PhD. Images taken with Canon 40D attached to a WO 110 FLT. Managed five 3 minute exposures at iso 800 before the cloud set in again, and an early meeting at work next morning eased the decision to call it a night without taking any darks etc.

Anyway, happy with the results. Stacked 3 of the images using DSS. There was a little amp glow,but happy to accept this as a trade-off for no darks taken. A quick tweak of the levels in CS2 and there we go.

All comments welcome.

Regards

Steve..

post-13953-133877340806_thumb.jpg

Archived