SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello!

Jocarl011

Hi all,

Just signed up after reading so many posts I was directed to from Google!

My name is Carl and I have just bought my first scope in 12 years a Celestron Nexstar 127 goto scope and looking forward to rejoining the hobby, I used to have a skywatcher explorer 200 back in 2003 and enjoyed it for 6 months before selling it on, I just had no time for the hobby even though I had so many plans such as photography...

I have already bought a modified Logitech pro 4000, 10m pc control cable, Celestron zoom lens, Bahtinov mask and some vibration pads. Oh and bought the Celestron gps unit which cost a fortune!

Looking forward to trying it all out should be receiving the scope tomorrow.

Carl.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case it is useful I guess your nearest club will be Kendal, the others appear to be more Northern Cumbria.

You should have access to some dark locations but I bet they are also cloudy ones as well. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Welcome back to astronomy Carl.  I've just bought a Celestron Nexstar too having come from an eq newt.  Still learning the ropes but rewarding so far.  Enjoy your new 'scope :)

In case it is useful I guess your nearest club will be Kendal, the others appear to be more Northern Cumbria.

You should have access to some dark locations but I bet they are also cloudy ones as well. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks everyone

My home is in a rural location so no problem with light pollution although cloud cover is certainly at a premium here - this is the Lake District for a reason!

Carl.

Hi Carl and welcome to SGL from another imager :D - Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here. This is an informative place with helpful folks to get you going.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Carl and welcome to SGL, enjoy your new scope when it arrives. As you had a 200mm Dob some years back, you may find a big difference in the smaller aperture of the new scope, the added advantages of goto will, however, make a big difference in finding your targets. Enjoy the forum and your return to Astronomy :)

Archived