Narrowband

Zoom eyepiece

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was given a skywatcher 102 refractor f5 for my birthday as my first scope recently. After spending too much time dipping my toes in the water of this new hobby  (partly due to the sheer depth of the subject and partly due to the constant cloud) i realised an eyepiece upgrade made sense. I spent an eternity prevaricating between the different types of lenses, agonising over things like pupil exit, FOV,  optimal magnification and brand until my head was spinning. Eventually i opted for the Baader Hyperion Zoom and (despite the misgivings mentioned) have found it amazing - so nice not to have to spend time switching lenses in addition to the fun of zooming from mag to mag

If i knew 8 yrs ago what i know now, i would only own my 8SE scope and my MkIII zoom. Filters aside............my 8se and 8-24mm is all i use these days. Am i sorry  that i have 3 other scopes.............hell no. 

They all serve a purpose, but my main choice now is the 8se and MkIII.

Archived