SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M13 and a poor attempt at processing!

rickstanners

Hi all,

Well I decided to take advantage of the clear skies last night and see what I could see.

Unfortunately, living in the middle of town with your garden flanked by several street lights doesn't help, but I managed to have a look at M53, M64 and take some images of M13.

The image is 39 subs of 43 taken with the 400D (still limited to 30s subs at the moment).

I then had a go with levels and curves in photoshop and tried to get rid of some of the orange!

If anyone would like to have a go with it and show me how it's done, I have also attached the unprocessed version.

Richard

5524_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

My version!

5525_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

The unedited version

Well,I've desaturated the image somewhat,perhaps a tad too much as some of the core stars now look a bit too bright and pale. Still there are a lot more showing on the periphery and if you play about with the Hue/Saturation tools in Photoshop I think you will be able to improve the overall look. Quite a lot of detail to be pulled out in Hi-Res mode at between 200 to 300 dpi. A nice image to work with,Richard. ;)

Cheers

CW

click as usual

I think the image is pretty good - The core is very clear - individual stars are quite easily separated right into the centre. When you're able to longer than 30 secs then more and more detail will come out. ;)

Sam

Archived