SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New software: Astrophotography Lab

Altais

Hi Lars

Doing some playing today:

When adding the two Bias frames, I got an error saying " the exposures were very different (0s vs 0s). Do you want to continue?"

When adding a file with an extra period in the name, the file does not load

Plus I got some Python errors when changing some of the drop down values, but I don't seem to have an error file..

I can send you my files if you would like them?

Hey Daz.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing so many problems. It would be very helpful if you send me the files, so I can try and replicate the errors and upload a fix as soon as possible. Also which camera do you use?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you'll find the program useful Michael. What sort of project are your students working on?

We are working on detection of extended faint objects in various images. Most of the big astronomical data sets do have good calibration data, but it would be nice to extend the work to the many amateur images

Minor problem with DSLR analysis. I use Maxin DL for image capture and this generates fits files from my Canon 500D, if I select the 500D for the camera I cannot open the files as the type does not appear to be supported.

James

Also if I treat the camera as a colour CCD so it will read the files the app sometimes gets "stuck" Applying screen stretch. (This always happens with my ISO200 saturated images)

James

Also if I treat the camera as a colour CCD so it will read the files the app sometimes gets "stuck" Applying screen stretch. (This always happens with my ISO200 saturated images)

James

Hey James.

I was not aware that Maxim DL saves images captured with DSLRs as fits files, and therefore didn't include the option to add this format with DSLRs. I'll of course fix this immediately. It would be helpful if you could send me one of the ISO 200 saturated images, so that I can make sure it will load properly.

I keep getting Python errors when trying to work with Canon 7D raw files  taken with a Canon 28/2.8 lens which I  created...

Peter...

Hey Peter. What are you doing when you get the errors? And could you provide the error log that has been created in the program folder?

Do I need to download and run the debug version of the software...

I have added a couple of .cr2 raw  bias files , a flat file and a single light file to the list and then clicked on compute sensor data button...

I will try and find the log file...

**** 2015-09-09 18:24:44.056000 ****
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 8393, in __call__
  File "<string>", line 7005, in computeSensorData
AttributeError: Label instance has no attribute 'raw_img'

**** 2015-09-09 18:28:10.072000 ****
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 8393, in __call__
  File "<string>", line 7008, in computeSensorData
AttributeError: Label instance has no attribute 'raw_img'

Peter..

I found the problem. :grin:  You should actually have gotten a message in the bottom saying that all the required frames weren't added, since 1 flat isn't enough to perform the sensor data calculations. But there's a bug in the code that lets the calculation script run anyway, and that causes the error message.

So the solution is to add another flat frame. And I've fixed the bug in the next version which I plan to release shortly.

I have kept an eye on the error messages

The bias add ok....

When you try and add flats the first one adds ok and converts to "green"  but when you try and add subsequent flat frames you get  raw file dimensions don't match errors

Peter...

Curious.. What is the exact error message you get?

Hi Lars looks like you are very busy. Just drop us Mac folks a note when you get chance to modify it for OS X. :-)

Hey Chris. If I could this would be my first priority, but without access to a mac I have no way of doing it. I could probably make a linux-compatible version, but I'm not sure how many would use it.

Sorry Lars

Been busy the last few days..

I see you've done a new version, so I'll download that and try and again.

I'll then (if needed) upload my files to drop box for you.

Oh, and I use an AtikOne 6.0, but I think this is the same as the 460, so used that when I tested...

Sorry Lars

Been busy the last few days..

I see you've done a new version, so I'll download that and try and again.

I'll then (if needed) upload my files to drop box for you.

Oh, and I use an AtikOne 6.0, but I think this is the same as the 460, so used that when I tested...

No problem. :) Might be worth a try to download the "memory" version also if it doesn't work with the regular standalone version. It does the image loading a bit differently.

For some reason, all the windows turn white and I cant even see the menus, buttons, etc.

Win 7 x64  here.

Any workaround?

Try downloading the debug version and see if you get an error message in the windows terminal when running it. Also could you post a screenshot of how it looks?

Archived