SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Crescent to Tulip, in the Cygnus Star Cloud.

ollypenrice

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't tone down the blue stars too much.  They establish a context in color palette that makes the overall redness of the image seem more real and convincing.

That's also true. Good point.

Olly

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed this when it was first posted, I had intended to do a HOO version of this this year but stripped out the obs in anticipation of a new scope arriving (still waiting!) but hey ho - the Ha was captured 2 years ago..

post-4295-0-20936100-1438063307_thumb.pn

Baader 7nm

Yes, I have the bottom half in the Baader 7 as well. On this one the Astrodon was a clear winner with far more contrast. However, this isn't always the case. There can be not much in it on occasion, except that the Baader producers much smaller stars without exception.

Olly

Just thinking of olly s analogy of the narrowband Dinner table conversation. Each of the three languages could be red, green, and blue. The narrowband data in each colour could be a regional accent. You could then say the 3nm filter is a dialect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thinking of olly s analogy of the narrowband Dinner table conversation. Each of the three languages could be red, green, and blue. The narrowband data in each colour could be a regional accent. You could then say the 3nm filter is a dialect.

Would that make RGB imaging under heavy light pollution a pidgin?

Would that make RGB imaging under heavy light pollution a pidgin?

Ah no, a pidgin is a lingua franca between non native speakers (and a creole is that language learned as a first language by their children.) I used to know about this stuff. No guarantees these days, though! :confused:  However, linguistics experts insist that there is no loss of sophistication in creole languages when compared with others.

Olly

Yes, I have the bottom half in the Baader 7 as well. On this one the Astrodon was a clear winner with far more contrast. However, this isn't always the case. There can be not much in it on occasion, except that the Baader producers much smaller stars without exception.

Olly

Sure about this? The Astrodons should give much smaller stars than the 7nm Baader. If not, you must be doing it wrong hehe... :cool:

Sure about this? The Astrodons should give much smaller stars than the 7nm Baader. If not, you must be doing it wrong hehe... :cool:

I'm sorry all. Pieter is quite right. The Astrodons give the smaller stars. We had an upset here this week and lost a dear friend. I'm not very reliable. Sorry.

Olly

I'm sorry all. Pieter is quite right. The Astrodons give the smaller stars. We had an upset here this week and lost a dear friend. I'm not very reliable. Sorry.

Olly

Lovely images Olly.

Sorry about the loss of your friend.

Take care

Helen

We had an upset here this week and lost a dear friend. I'm not very reliable. Sorry.

Olly

I'm sorry to hear that Olly, best wishes.

Think you're right on the pidgin and creole definitions. Grammar in in the linguistic sense is a bit of a mystery, there is some debate on how much of our language skills are learned and how much is instinctive.

Archived