Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lagoon and Trifid nebula from Namibia

chrisvdberge

Probably my favorite image from my astrotrip to Kiripotib in Namibia; Lagoon and Trifid nebula with IC1274. Such a colorful and interesting area!

19342480434_14741f24a5_b.jpg

Taken with Nikon D600 on APM107/700 with Riccardi 0.75 reducer. 

Fornax 51 mount and guided with Lacerta MGEN

580 minutes exposure time; 

38x5min ISO800 
20x10 ISO400
18x10min ISO400

Good stuff...I imaged this from Fuerteventura a while ago...didn't get anywhere near as much time on it as you did...

I assume that the Fornax 51 mount is available there and wasn't in your hand luggage?

lol! Indeed the Fornax 51 is for rent by Kiripotib, as well as the Riccardi (it's huge!) and the APM scope. 

So only 3 dslr's + the finderscope and MGEN in the hand luggage for me :p 

Wow! Spectacular results for a DSLR! And being in Africa, I assume the sensor temps were quite bad as well. Or was this at high altitude? Great job on the processing too!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Thx! Actually it is winter now in Namibia and night time temperature at Kiripotib (at 1400m) drops down to 5 degrees Celcius every night and some nights even -3. So temperature wise it was all excellent :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived