stargazine_ep44_banner.thumb.jpg.6153c4d39ed5a64b7d8af2d3d6061f61.jpg

Hey, Fellow Stargazers :)

Good evening, everyone! My name is Chloe, and I'm new on this wonderful website. I'm 17 and love to take my telescope out to search for nebulae, galaxies, & planets...although I'm not much more than an amateur astronomer. I came upon this site hoping to connect with other stargazers and even gain some knowledge that will help me in my future endeavors.

I'm not the most outgoing person, I am more reserved but I am as nice as humanly possible to anyone I meet. Besides astronomy, I'm also passionately interested in classical music since I play the piano & viola, neuroscience that's related to synesthesia (thanks to my own), and drawing picture stories with my own little characters. I guess that's enough of me for right now. You can find out more about me some other time, of course!

Thanks all, I can't wait to meet you! :)

• Like 3
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good evening, everyone! My name is Chloe, and I'm new on this wonderful website. I'm 17 and love to take my telescope out to search for nebulae, galaxies, & planets...although I'm not much more th

Hi Chloe and welcome to SGL, by you description of searching for nebulae and galaxies, you sound as if you have a nice scope with a decent size aperture, with a nice dark site from which to make your

Hey Chloe, welcome aboard  

Hi Chloe,

welcome to SGL. I guess not being an outgoing person helps in astronomy (especially when imaging). Long nights would get lonely otherwise :)

I have to admit, I had never heard of synaesthesia before and had to look it up. Sounds actually quite fascinating.

Hope you enjoy your stay here. People tend to be very helpful and I've got a lot out of being a member here.

Clear skies!

HJ

• Like 1

Hi Chloe and welcome to SGL.

Everyone's here is very friendly and willing to help at any time. You won't regret joining.

In a couple months you will find yourself giving advice to newer members and stargazers!

Cheers from Greece

Tzitzis

• Like 1

Hi Chloe and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here. We're a friendly bunch so I'm sure you'll have a great time :D

Look forward to seeing you around :)

• Like 1

Hi Chloe and welcome to SGL, by you description of searching for nebulae and galaxies, you sound as if you have a nice scope with a decent size aperture, with a nice dark site from which to make your observations. Perhaps you could let us know, as such information is helpful should you want to ask for advice on anything relative to your Astronomy.

It is nice to know that as a young lady you have a classical yearning, I am very fond of classical music, but I am afraid I can`t stand some of the so called music churned out by the younger generation of to-day, I am sure the majority love it, but it is not for me. Enjoy your Astronomy and the forum :)

• Like 2

Hi Chloe, welcome to SGL!!!

We have quite a bit in common, I also like classical music (mainly Bach, Handel, Scarlatti and spanish guitar) and I am learning the piano. I research neuroscience professionally (I mainly work on visual neuroscience). I use to have a girlfriend who had profound synesthesia, she would see shapes and colours around people and the colours became stronger as she got to know them!

Anyway, enjoy the forum, people here are very friendly and helpful. :smiley:  :smiley:  

• Like 1

Hi

Welcome to the site :D - everyone here is really friendly so I'm sure you'll get on well....I'm also pretty new to astro and happen to be a neuroscience researcher, specifically intersted in sensory neuro and memory :).

Good luck, and hope to hear more from you soon

• Like 1