Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

(far too close to an) Old Horizon ...

Yes, I'm going to jump aboard the here's-a-photo-of-Pluto train.

Forecast is lousy for tonight, and it looks unlikely that I will get the what-a-difference-a-day-makes bonus photo, so ... here's a photo of Pluto (arrowed).

The technical bit:

32* (out of 100) 20-second lights taken last evening between 2320 & 0010 BST, at an altitude of about 18.5° above the southern horizon, using my 200mm SCT with a 0.5x reducer and SXV-H9 cooled CCD camera, binned 2x2, stacked and stretched in DSS with bias frames, but no darks or flats. The sky quality at zenith was 18.78, but in the direction the image was taken (much nearer the streetlights) it was a mere 16.36.

Thanks for looking.

post-4846-0-69668500-1437660845.jpg

The technical bit:

32* (out of 100) 20-second lights taken last evening between 2320 & 0010 BST, at an altitude of about 18.5° above the southern horizon, using my 200mm SCT with a 0.5x reducer and SXV-H9 cooled CCD camera, binned 2x2, stacked and stretched in DSS with bias frames, but no darks or flats. The sky quality at zenith was 18.78, but in the direction the image was taken (much nearer the streetlights) it was a mere 16.36.

I was lost after the first colon, until then I could understand the previous 3 words, after that not a chance. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Archived