Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Beginners book

Hi, apologies for starting a thread that's been visited previously but i can't for the life of me remember a title that was recommended. It's a beginners guide to recognising constellations, where you're tasked with finding a constellation and when you go on to the next page you have to find another so the night sky starts to become a coherent whole. I think it may have been aimed at children but am pretty sure it might be perfect for me! Any ideas please?

No idea but for information I use the Monthly Sky Guide by Ridpath and Tirion.

It ambles through each month and shows the prominent constellation for that month.

Childrens books are good however, never let anyone convince you otherwise.

Hi, apologies for starting a thread that's been visited previously but i can't for the life of me remember a title that was recommended. It's a beginners guide to recognising constellations, where you're tasked with finding a constellation and when you go on to the next page you have to find another so the night sky starts to become a coherent whole. I think it may have been aimed at children but am pretty sure it might be perfect for me! Any ideas please?

Is this the one ?

"Stikky Night Skies" - by Laurence Holt Books

ISBN  1-932974-01-6

Its a visual tutorial, and a great way to train your mind to remember star patterns. Here are a couple of photos......

Edit: Ok see you beat me to the post, lol. 

post-21902-0-09958200-1437600953.jpg

post-21902-0-45989100-1437600969.jpg

Thanks all, just remembered it was Stikky Night Skies which L8-Nite recommended. After a recent dark sky outing with my first scope i realised i need to get my bearings first!

Yeah, great book, or should I say " interactive guide ".  :smiley:

Archived