Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 3628 23/04/08 - last attempt and mosiac'd to make the Leo Triplet :).

Whippy

I think I must be destined not to get a proper shot at this one. This is my third attempt at the 'other' galaxy missing from the Leo triplet and as I was using a different laptop that I've cobbled together (I've christened her Imogen, Geddit?), there's the usual list of issues I'm not happy with.

Was ready to go just as it got 'astro' dark and for some reason the tracking was playing up even though the cam and PHD seemed to work fine, there's another 40 mins of exposures wasted due to tracking errors and I'm sure there's some stars even on the stacked version here that are oval.

Also there's some 'gaps' in the image where there appears to be dead pixels or something, not quite sure what's going on there either but yet more testing is required it would appear!

Anyways, 4x10 mins and 1x5 min. Stacked in DSS and processed in Photoshop. I'll 'glue' it onto the M65/66 pic and post that at some point soon ;) .

5513_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

EDIT: Well that didn't take me long! A quick google search revealed that I can do mosaics REALLY easily in Photoshop CS2 so here's the final image of the Leo Triplet in all of it's dubious glory.

5514_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Tony..

Well done for persevering, a fine image ;)

What is it with guiding? I've had near perfect guiding for a while but the other night it all went very strange...again, PHD etc were working fine :?

Cheers

Rob

Thanks all :(. Even though I'm not particularly happy with that NGC pic, when it was glued together with M65/66, I did have a big silly grin on my face ;) .

Ron, I still very much consider myself to be a novice! I'm VERY surprised how things are coming along and I'm waiting for something to trip me up and put me in my place!

Tony..

Archived