Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First CCD image, only 10 mins of M20

Spoon

Had a quick go with the CCD last night under incredibly dark skies in Portugal so I decided to have a go at M20. Guiding wasn't working for some reason. No idea why. Anyway...

M20 Trifid Nebula

5x120secs

HX916 Mono

William Optics GT81 on NEQ6

Will add to it tonight. Maybe get a couple of hours on it, clear for the next week [emoji106]

Hope you like it

Cam

post-22414-143738490925_thumb.jpg

This is very good , well done. With regret Sagittarius is a none starter from my location, it only rises about 12 degrees above horizon at its peak.

Regards,

A.G

Thanks AG, it's about 35-40 degrees up from here but I have to wait for it to cross the meridian which is at about 12:30 am

Cam

Thanks AG, it's about 35-40 degrees up from here but I have to wait for it to cross the meridian which is at about 12:30 am

Cam

!2.30 am is a good time to start imaging as the sky doesn't really get dark till 12.00, one of the many benefits of a British summer.

A.G

!2.30 am is a good time to start imaging as the sky doesn't really get dark till 12.00, one of the many benefits of a British summer.

A.G

its usually dark here in portugal by 11ish so its pretty good

I used Alignmaster on my old NEQ6 was spot on and not to harsh on the pocket!

Nice first shot though with no filter.

Paddy

I used align master last night and got 10mins guided quite easily, it's a very good piece of software, I only have the trial at current however I will be buying it. Thanks :p

Cam

Archived