Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My First Planetary

Aceph

Ok! My son and I had our Celestron 114eq out for the first time. Looked at the waxing crescent, nice good view although setting. Then I said huh, I think that's Saturn. Dialed it in with a Barlow and a Plössl 32mm and BAM! What a great night! Tried a 10mm with the Barlow and no go, I saw it briefly then it tracked out of view... Still an awesome night!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did it hurt? :-D

On a clear and steady night, Saturn is one of the best looking objects you'll encounter.

This year I was lucky enough to get one of, if not the clearest night I've seen seen Saturn in... And the view was breathtaking. I was able to get Saturn sharp as a tack through my 8" SCT using a 5mm and a combo of a 11mm TV with 2.5X power mate.

There were cloud bands, Cassini division, golden color and 5 of its moon around it in the view...

I spent about a hour doing nothing but staring into the eye piece, couldn't take my eye off it... A view I will not forget and long to see again.

That's awesome Mars! I imagine Saturn will be a staple for me! Can't wait for clear dark sky's! We have so much to learn, however, to set up the gear then be rewarded with a view was outstanding! Not sure but I thought I saw a moon also! Titan I would imagine! Going to be another clear night tonight, so guess what I'll be doing! Sure is great to get my son out of video game land, and into the lab of the heavens!

Thanks for the conversation!

Aceph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived