Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Oh, Mars, I'm not that advanced, haha. Thanks for your suggestion; you must be an experienced astroimager. I just take a few shots here and there when there's good seeing. Have you tried to image Pluto yeI just

I just saw your AMAZING gallery! Yes, you ARE an experienced astroimager, haha! Excellent work, Mars! Keep sharing those celestial images  :laugh:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you going to let new horizons get a closer shot? Show NASA how it's done... Perhaps a 2X Barlow, coupled with a 3X on a 5X powermate with a 1mm eyepiece projection on a 5mm diagonal CCD would get you close if you crop your image and resize it using a interpolation drizzle algorithm.

Oh, Mars, I'm not that advanced, haha. Thanks for your suggestion; you must be an experienced astroimager. I just take a few shots here and there when there's good seeing. Have you tried to image Pluto yet?

P.S. I just saw your AMAZING gallery! Yes, you ARE an experienced astroimager, haha! Excellent work, Mars! Keep sharing those celestial images   :laugh:

Great capture, thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Michael. I've been trying to find the little object for a little while now, and this particular apparition was the perfect opportunity to go for it  :smiley:

Very nice capture :) If those clouds clear in the upcoming days it would be great to get another capture to show movement.

I'm sure Clyde would give you a thumbs up :)

Hey, Chris, I'm working on something now!

Okay, guys, I had a CLEAR NIGHT so I went for Pluto again and compared my new images with the ones I took on July 18. HERE ARE THE RESULTS (with a little processing and cleaning up)

From July 25:

ASTRONOMY%20-%20PLUTO%20IN%20SAGITTARIUS

the inverse image:

Compared to the image from July 18:

and the inverse image:

AND here is a little animation I made:

I hope you guys can see this!

Cheers,

Reggie