Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

cs1cjc

New Baader Morpheus Eyepieces

yes Steve ,he is the author of that book. :D

Aaaaahh... Ok  B)

Great review, it sounds like the Morpheus has excellent light transmission- which can make the background appear lighter. It will be interesting to see if the field curvature is more or less pronounced in a fastish newt, say around f4.8... :grin: All my TV's,ES etc have the blue ring around the field stop off axis, including the Ethos, so the Baader is in good company. They sound promising. Excellent report.

Will see if I can get the eyepiece to someone with a fast newt to see how it behaves.

It's my eyepiece, but being an imager i did not feel qualified to test it :D

Edited by Velvet
  • Like 1

Will see if I can get the eyepiece to someone with a fast newt to see how it behaves.

Thought you said I was next???????

;)

Thanks very much for providing this eyepiece for testing :smiley:

I'm wondering if your 12.5mm Morpheus can be further tested by you? I have checked many eyepieces and one interesting area to check for is pincushion distortion near the field edges ( or barrel distortion). This is very easy to do- I use a church steeple a few hundred yards away. As the steeple is viewed most eyepieces will bend the image like this " ) ". Televue uses strong pincushion in a lot of eyepieces as do others.

Any vertical surface ( easiest to see the dist), a building edge for instance, will show this stuff up.

Thanks Velvet!

Baader have confirmed the UK SRP for Baader Morpheus eyepieces is £175. 

We haven't set our price yet (we are moving premises so I am not at my desk) but we will.

We have a set here to assess but our first stock delivery will be sometime around September (perhaps a little later for the 17.5mm).

HTH,

Steve

When might we expect a set sent to our resident Oracle for trialing :smiley:

Edited by Saganite

Thought you said I was next???????

;)

you mean yours is not a fast newt ;)