SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Baader Morpheus Eyepieces

cs1cjc

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great review, it sounds like the Morpheus has excellent light transmission- which can make the background appear lighter. It will be interesting to see if the field curvature is more or less pronounced in a fastish newt, say around f4.8... :grin: All my TV's,ES etc have the blue ring around the field stop off axis, including the Ethos, so the Baader is in good company. They sound promising. Excellent report.

Will see if I can get the eyepiece to someone with a fast newt to see how it behaves.

It's my eyepiece, but being an imager i did not feel qualified to test it :D

Thanks very much for providing this eyepiece for testing :smiley:

I'm wondering if your 12.5mm Morpheus can be further tested by you? I have checked many eyepieces and one interesting area to check for is pincushion distortion near the field edges ( or barrel distortion). This is very easy to do- I use a church steeple a few hundred yards away. As the steeple is viewed most eyepieces will bend the image like this " ) ". Televue uses strong pincushion in a lot of eyepieces as do others.

Any vertical surface ( easiest to see the dist), a building edge for instance, will show this stuff up.

Thanks Velvet!

Archived