Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Please help with PHD2

beamer3.6m

Ok.

I managed to pass the calibration after updating to version 2.50. All good.

However, it now says 'Your max dec duration is preventing PHD from making adequate corrections to keep the guidestar locked. Increasing max dec duration will allow PHD to make the needed corrections'

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN.

Please keep it simple.

I have raised the Max Dec to the maximum of 99999 and all in between but no difference. Am I so out in term of polar alignment that it is just not working???

Please help.

By the way I have previously had it guiding and used PHD2 to drift align but then I moved the mount (not far or hard etc) and it has never been correct since.

SO FRUSTRATING

It sounds like it wants to move Dec more than the maximum to keep it on track, so you PA must be much too far out.

I understand your frustration, I still use PhD 1 as I find it easier and always works first time, just my opinion.

Regards

AB

If you're using your HEQ5 there is a Polar Alignment routine in the handset to use any star from a scroll through list to do the PA, its listed in the manual how to...... PA really needs to be good to perfect.....

How many steps did it take in Dec during calibration?

If it's something sensible like between 5 and 15 but Dec movement is insufficient when guiding,  then as everyone has said your PA must be a long way out.

Regarding balance, if your scope is all the way back on the rings you can tape lead fishing weights to the rear end.

Borrow various weight cans from the larder to hang on the end to give you an idea of what weight you need.

Michael

Click on the brain icon (advanced setup). Go through the tabs and make sure you have entered the key data on scope FL, guide camera etc. Under the Mount tab, play around with the calibration steps, there is an automatic calculator with your pre-entered scope FL and guide camera to make sure it has the right calibration steps.

Failing all that (assuming PA is roughly there), increase the calibration steps to 2500 ms.

Let me know how it goes.

Bo 

Archived