Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pelican Extreme - Cannistra Bicolour (130pds)

Uranium235

Gawd blimey, this one has been going on for a bit! The last few weeks have been a bit pants weather-wise, so getting some good OIII subs has been difficult to say the least!

But finally, last night was the night to finish it - and I just about scraped together enough to give me what I needed. However, the forecast is clear for tomorrow night so there may be room for further (minor) improvements - mostly in the noise reduction area (there are a couple of bits of fluff I'd like to clean up a bit more). I'll include a normal HOO version to complete the set, as well as the Ha layer. Those who attended the SGLX processing sessions will know exactly how this was put together ;)

Hmmm.... perhaps the best 130pds image so far? I suppose thats not for me to judge...lol.

IC5070, NGC7000, IC5067:

16x900 Ha_L, 4x900 Ha_R, 4x900 OIII_G&B 2x2bin  x4 panes

130pds, Atik 383L+, NEQ6, MPCC MkIII

Thanks for looking! :)

Ha Lum:

19279025559_559e694729_h.jpg

Modified Cannistra colour:

19568895190_f74eb3f260_h.jpg

Normal (but slightly boring) HOO colour:

19761794531_cc7540b734_h.jpg

Thanks guys for the seal of approval :)

Im still considering giving it another poke in Ha tonight. I need to fill me boots while I can because things might be changing in the garden soon, I will be losing some tree cover (they need to come out due to potential land slippage). Im going to speak to my other half very nicely about getting a pier put in when she gets back off her hols.

Mate, stunning stuff !!!. I particularly like the 2nd (mod cannistra colour) one. I'm trying to get some oiii at the moment but weather won't play ball. maybe tonight :)

You've really got that 5" singing haven't you :D

Mate, stunning stuff !!!. I particularly like the 2nd (mod cannistra colour) one. I'm trying to get some oiii at the moment but weather won't play ball. maybe tonight :)

You've really got that 5" singing haven't you :D

Thanks Scott :)  Well, if youve still got the notes - you should give it a go! Just remember to part process the Ha and OIII (with an extra push on OIII) before you go into the cannistra process. The main challenge being to keep the blue halos on bright stars to a minimum - a bit like zapping magenta when doing HST colour.

Impressive detail.

I think that to get similar results with a Refractor you would have to spend alot more than you did for your 130PDS.

Thats why these little scopes have gone up in popularity, you wont find a frac of similar focal length, speed and colour correction unless you spend close to 1k. Not as sharp as a frac, and takes a bit of messing about to get it just right - but you cant have everything perfect for just £160 (actually, mine was £120 2nd hand with a load of freebies) :)

I could boost the detail a lot more if I went unbinned in Ha, but I might save that one until next year.

Archived