SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M63 SUNFLOWER GALAXY COLOUR ADDED

CELESCOPE

Blimey , finding things hard these days , lack of imaging i think . and of course all the elements against me , started off lovely and clear ,but after 4 x10 min subs the sky misted over and once again allowed a load of muck ro spoil the image , noise noise and more noise , ended up with just 10x 10 min subs , but at least an image folks .

Rog

5492_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

5527_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

post-12695-1338773408_thumb.jpg

Looks a pretty fine result to me Rog. I am sure you will return to it, and make it pleasing to yourself, after all, you are your own critic, so if you don't like it, you will only be happy when you've fixed it.

You were looking forward to galaxy season, I remember you saying so. ;)

Ron. :(

Lovely image Rog, with lots of detail and you say your not great with galaxies. Its a great image. Understand the frustration, its almost hard to remember how to set things up as we get out so seldom nice clear skies here at the moment but another 3-4 hours to darkness, lots of time for the clouds to creep in.

Brendan

Hi Brendan,i do have a problem with Galaxies, unfortunately my skies are pretty poor here, CLS filter has allowed me to at least have a good crack at them , and in some cases if the sky is ultra good i can achieve pretty good results , but i,m afraid that is not the case for most of the year, thats why Nebs favour me really, HA filters are a dream for me , they just give me excellent results .i sometimes wonder how much my imaging would improve being at a darker site.maybe i will get a chance at Kelling , i have no scope but maybe some kind soul will allow me to use my camera lol.

Rog

Rog, as I'm sure your aware with galaxies, even with heavy light pollution with the help of the CLS filter you just need hours of exposure to get the detail but it can be done, perseverance is all (and clear skies) that's required. After having a taste of really dark skies you get so disillusioned with trying to beat the LP, no choice for most we just have to not let it get the better of us.

Brendan

That's a funny looking 'Glob' Rog :?

You told me you were just going out to 'grab a glob', and you come back with a galaxy ;) .

Still, some nice detail in there, despite the conditions, and limited exposure.

Dave

Archived