Narrowband

What to look at first?

Apart from the usual planets, you could start going through the Messiers - it's great practice for finding stuff if the scope is your first one - and all the M numbers are nice to explore. A skim round the Wild Duck cluster is always interesting. Also you could have a go at Albireo, and the Coat Hanger asterism near by (if they're available). :)

point towards sag/sco. if you can't see anything there, take the lens cover of :D. It's crammed full of goodies. also, as kalasinman has pointed out, lmc and smc are wonderful, and of course, don't forget our own southern cross (crux) the jewel box is a treat. 

Good luck you lucky so'n'so :D

Oh, and don't forget 47Tuc (ngc104) and ........................the list is indeed, endless

So far I've looked at the easy planets, plus Carinae Nebula, Omega Centauri, 47Tuc, and a couple other things that I can't remember right now. I guess I just need to get my planning in order and not be so impatient.

So far I've looked at the easy planets, plus Carinae Nebula, Omega Centauri, 47Tuc, and a couple other things that I can't remember right now. I guess I just need to get my planning in order and not be so impatient.

Be careful, you will have all us poor Northern Hemisphere observers green with envy!

You've already had some crackers, but as said, Sagittarius and Scorpio areas are lovely. M8, 20, 16 and 17 plus M24, all fabulous, M11 and M22 and and and.......

Enjoy!

I did have a look at Scorpio last night and saw a pretty cool looking cluster. Had a bit of a outline of stars in a weird shape. Not sure what it is yet though...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Archived