Skywatcher Skymax 127 SynScan AZ GOTO Finder issue

Hi all

I have purchased a new scope, the Skymax 127 and will be using it with my Synscan goto. 

Obviously the scope is better designed to work with a EQ mount but this scope can be purchased with a AZ Goto mount as seen in link  http://www.firstlightoptics.com/az-goto/skywatcher-skymax-127-synscan-az-goto.html

I purchased the scope separate as I do not need another  Goto mount and when purchasing separate to the mount they come with a red dot finder.

I was advised by two different retailers that this scope would not work well with a Goto system unless I change or move the finder scope, or purchase another ?

Below is the reply from one of the retailers.

Thanks for your message, You will have to mount another finder for the scope as these are designed to use with EQ mounts and the original finder will be in a rather awkward place, there are no alternative mounting holes to move the finder, I hope this helps
Regards
Steve

How much of an issue is this if I just leave the red dot finder where it is while using the scope on a Goto ? is it still possible or just a a little more awkward then normal ?

As you can on the link the scope when purchasing separate comes with a red dot finder, when purchasing with the mount it does not ?   http://www.firstlightoptics.com/maksutov/skywatcher-skymax-127-ota.html 

Thank in advance

Steve

Another retailer said Please note this scope will fit the AZ GOTO mount but the finderscope is at the wrong orientation. You will either need to reposition the finder or get an adhesive red dot style finder to attach at the correct point. 

If  i used the red dot finder ina better position, where would this be ? I was thinking strong ticky tape or even glueing it in place if be. As i said i know it states if left alone it will be in a awkward place But im only observing the moon and planets.

Thanks in advance.  

Archived