Narrowband

Summer socials?

GuyR

Hi all. I'd hoped to make the June meeting but thanks to work madness, failed. I've yet to join SSC.

While not new to astronomy I have been away from it for a while. I'm looking at buying some new kit and understand the compromises with what I'm looking at, specifically around the likes of Celestron / Skywatcher 127 maks on goto mounts. I also appreciate I can get a lot more 'scope for the money, like the 200p on an eq5 but that is of a size where it'd probably not get used much at the moment. Hence looking at something "grab and go".

Are there any Swindon Stargazers out there happy to meet, over a beer, coffee or tea, sometime for a natter? Especially if you own anything like the above.

I appreciate a lot can be covered here. I have read many threads on these scopes and understand that they are essentially the same. But would love to meet with local stargazers to chat and maybe a look at kit if you have one. I have questions around things like connectivity, eq mounting (my old 'scope has a hefty pier type base) with a bit of diy and so on.

Sorry to witter on and hope to hear from / chat with some of you some time. If not, roll on the autumn meetings :)

Thanks

Guy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Hi Guy, quite happy to meet with you to discuss equipment, I have the 200P on an EQ5 mount etc and experience of using stuff like the SW 127, my full details and address etc are on the contact page of the website, I prefer email contact as a preference.

Archived