SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PHD2 with a DSLR?

So, Can I not use a DSLR with PHD2??

For the life of me I don't see any mention of how to connect a dslr except with v2 simulator and even then I get no image. Was hoping to try the polar alignment option. Can connect with BYEOS fine and see my star, but when I switch over to PHD2, it wants me to calibrate. I see no option for this and don't even know if a dslr is supported at this point. What am I missing in all these guides I have read. Pulling my hair out. confused1.gif

Thanks

Apparently in my haste to discover an improved simpler method of polar alignment, I misinterpreted a video that suggested using phd2 for polar alignment. I have no guide camera, only my main canon dslr. Looks like my best option may be to use BYEOS as described by Forest Tanaka in his video. Oh well my bad, sorry for the confusion. blush.gif Just looking for the simplest way to polar align my advanced VX edge HD.

Apparently in my haste to discover an improved simpler method of polar alignment, I misinterpreted a video that suggested using phd2 for polar alignment. I have no guide camera, only my main canon dslr. Looks like my best option may be to use BYEOS as described by Forest Tanaka in his video. Oh well my bad, sorry for the confusion. blush.gif Just looking for the simplest way to polar align my advanced VX edge HD.

The simplest way would be to add an Ioptron polar scope.

You could try DARV with a DSLR.

It's a bit time consuming if your setting up every time but gets good PA.

http://www.cloudynights.com/page/articles/cat/articles/darv-drift-alignment-by-robert-vice-r2760

Archived