skytracker v2 limitations

matt-c

I was wondering if anyone has mounted a small scope on one of these and had any success?

As I go further into dslr imaging I find myself needing to spend a fair amount on a nice piece of glass (200mm canon I'm looking at you)

i can always go for the cheaper older ones but i have a bit of nightmare finding a decent adapter that gets a good focus.

earlier this year i tried my celestron travel scope on the skytracker just to see how it handled it, i was actually surprised i could manage 3-7 min subs with it.

im aware that this may be a freak of a mount and im lucky to track that long without any guiding but maybe i could get a half decent 60mm refractor for less than a good lens, (thinking William optics 66 sd) and expect something similar.

any thoughts?

not going to win any awards and not the best focused but this is what i got from about 15 subs

post-24024-0-18481500-1436609029_thumb.j

Archived