Narrowband

OK - tonight's stuff

Ambermile

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can barely contain myself as I type this.

The Horsey thing is on the cover of one of my books and I have never seen it, much less imaged it.

When my 'scope comes it will be on the top of my list of stuff to tick off so this doesn't help much posting images of stuff that's obscured by cloud, that I don't have the kit for (YET) - makes me GREEN with envy.

I really can't wait to be able to do what you are doing. When I can I will be fed up that I can't do it because of a lack of practise!

Test Pics? TEST PICS???

Those are what I aspire to - do you realise how upsetting your skills are to us earthlings????

I am completely amazed by what can be acheived by ground based telescopes these days. When I was a kid these would have been on the Telly!

Keep it up, please! My telescope is imminent and I need to make a list of targets.

Arthur, these imges are fabulous, now I NEED to do this myself. It is now not an option , these images of yours were not knicked off the Hubble website, so I need to try to do as well as you did. That's inspirational, and I can't wait to inspire you.

Practise, practise, practise etc.

Brilliant images Arthur, top notch that mate, love that Horse one of my fav as well , the detail and smoothness of the image is fantastic , i must now get going with my new set up , when it arrives that is . the ole Atik , has seen the best i can do , so have to move on , and try and produce images like that

Great stuff Atrher

Rog

:lol:

Wow :shock: Thanks for the kind words people :lol:

CC - when I say test pics they were testing the guiding only. The guide programme sets its parameters with respect to the focal length of the guidescope. It's a bit hit and miss though so it takes a while to set up. Hence test pics - in which I was rather lucky as I only ditched the one 10 minute frame.

Anyway - here's a few more from last night. Another Christmas tree - better than the one during the week, followed by a Rosette and one for Caz again - the Leo triplet (this one a bit low in the murky stuf though)

Arthur

post-12835-133877318206_thumb.jpg

post-12835-133877318211_thumb.jpg

post-12835-133877318216_thumb.jpg

thanks Caz , well i just had a quick tutorial of of Arthur he,s the man when we move up to CCD imaging, now i have this super dupa camera and not used it yet , so had 30 mins on the phone with Arthur to go trhough the stages of the new process with these things , so much harder to learn , but as you can see from Arthurs latest images the benifits that are there , so

WATCH THIS SPACE

Rog

You're welcom Rog. Thanks Caz, perhaps I shoulsd also point out that these piccies were taken with the littlest scope in the pic - the Megrez 80 FD and a 0.5 focal reducer (so about f/3.5). Guiding was through the Stellavue underneath it and the OMC was just along for the ride. Well, and the balance too... :lol:

Arthur

So Arthur you have 3 eyes?

Fastastic pics.

Actually, I have five currently but even the EQ6 has a sensible limit :( On the mount are the OMC140 deluxe, the Stellarvue SV80/9 semi and the Megrez 80FD apo. I also have another Megrez 80SD and a Skywatcher 120 f/5 coming. Then there's the project scope - the original lens cell from the Megrez FD (which *was* an SD) that I am "acquiring" a carbon fibre tube and Baader crayford for. I have an EQ6 without Skyscan that I had intended to use for mobile trips out, hence the other scopes to go on it, but since I have the dual-mount rail I can simply lift the whole scope arrangement from one to the other.

Thanks for the compliment too :lol:

Arthur

Fab pics Arthur. Especially the HH.

It's amazing how much the EQ6 will hold. And your setup is what i'm aiming for really, just without the OMC. Would like to mount the Zenithstar and ED100 side by side. Then get Guidedog up and running. Got everyting i need except the side by side thingy.

Russ

Hi Arthur,

Amazing images - especially the HH. Thats one hard puppy to get. Just looking at some images of mine taken over the weekend - a 2 min exposure and not even a hint of it!

Keep 'em coming.

Ant

Love HH and definite improvement 2nd time around with Leo triplet. Any LRGB images coming once you've got your filter wheel sorted Arthur?

Martin

Thanks Martin. Once the wheel gets here (tomorrow!! :lol: ) I intend to go the emission-line route rather than true colour. *everyone* does true colour but I like the Hubble-type colours form these filters. I only have Ha, Hb and OIII at the moment - looking for a Sodium II but they're hard to find SH it seems :( I do have a set of colour filters though if needed...

Arthur

Archived