Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Blazar

25/06 - Eratosthenes

Hi all,

Another image from the night of the 25th. This one has the usual blurb, plus an extract from an excellent free (public domain) book, which is a favourite of mine (and would be a recommended read for any Lunar nut!). It is written in an older style, and is a great read. Anyways...here it is.

gallery_27945_3180_2242435.png

gallery_27945_3180_607661.png

Thanks for looking

• Like 3

That's a very nice image.  Well done.

James

• Like 1

fantastic closeup mate,amazing detail. thanks for sharing..charl..

• Like 1

Great image yet again and thanks for the book link. I look forward to reading this.

• Like 1

Another wonderful image and I enjoyed the quote from the Thomas Elger book.

• Like 1

Thanks James, Charl, Laudropb & Alan.  That book is really quite good. Got a few more images to come, but going to head out tonight and try and catch the conjunction from a field in the country...

Hi Steve good luck for to-night. I was looking forward to viewing Jupiter/Venus last night but as is usual for any special event was clouded out. It is looking good for to-night so fingers crossed.

Alan....went out caught the conjunction, along with a cold.....me and a friend were using multiple scopes to try and image it. I have some captures, but to be honest I had to use a TAL with a .5 focal reducer to get them on the chip (6mm). The you had the difficulty with Venus wanting less exposure, and Jupiter wanting more (I did take two sets of images to try and combine, but to be honest...not sure I can be bothered ;-)

As evidence however my mate (Knobby (co founder of the Essex Cloud Dodgers)) took this with his phone )  Jupiter bottom left, venus top right (but you guessed that...also shows the new focus assitance bar in OA capture (the green line running along the view screen):

gallery_27945_3234_1002596.jpg

Edited by Blazar

Fantastic image.

• Like 1