Narrowband

ORION Intes MK-67...... HELP......

post-15801-0-44852000-1435653534.jpg

I am very pleased with this Telescope....

HOWEVER... my 2" Eyepieces have an issue, The MEADE 40mm SWA comes to focus, But the other 2" EPs almost reach focus when the focuser is racked in all of the way. I just need a couple of more millimeters of inward focus, does any one have any suggestions... the views through the MEADE 40mm SWA are outstanding...

Mark

I used to have the 6" Mansutov-Newtonian version of that scope (badged Orion just as yours is). You will need to replace the focuser with a lower profile unit to bring your Meade 40mm to focus I think. The Russians did not have 2" 40mm eyepieces in mind when they built it !

It's not a wide field scope though so personally I'd not worry about using an eyepiece with such a wide field stop with it. You might get edge of field brightness drop off due to the internal baffle diameter of the scope even if you could get the big Meade to focus. Your Meade 21mm MWA will be showing 90% as much sky as the the 40mm does anyway.

Archived